Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Best/Worst experience in my life

I would have to say that the most amazing experience in my life was the birth of my son. Although the individualized experience of childbirth itself was traumatizing to say the least, the bond between mother and child is instantaneous and most gratifying.

As a mother my life has made such a dramatic switch, this is not easily described in words. Some adjectives that come to mind are as follows: amazing, exhausting, painful, exhausting (repeated due to exhaustion), gratifying, joyful, happiest moment on my life, and the list goes on.

I remember something my mother had said to me a long time ago, in one of our many conversations about children and how it would one day change my life completely. She told me that from this moment on I would never be alone again…this turned out to be very true as life is certainly different and I do feel as though I have not been alone, not even in the bathroom!

THE HAPPIEST DAY OF OUR LIVES...

This also brings me to the worst experience of my life, Childbirth. This was most definitely not something that someone can ever be fully prepared for. There is no certain outcome; there are also no definite answers to the many questions one might have. I was able to come to only one conclusion after the birth of my son, every birth plan will be different and every mother will have a different ability to tolerate pain, but the pain will be washed away by the bond and joy that is delivered that day.

Vocabulary:
Childbirth: when a woman gives birth to a baby
Traumatizing: something that is scary or upsetting
Instantaneous: immediately or at this very moment.
Gratifying: makes one happy or gives pleasure.
Conversations: dialogue between two or more people.
Conclusion: the end or final
Bond: something that binds or holds together.

Vocabulary Activity: 
Use the vocabulary words above to write full sentences of your own.

Grammar point:
Coordinating conjunctions are linking words that combine two or more independent clauses. Some examples are as follows: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so (FANBOYS)

Grammar activity:
Write  a paragraph about the worst or best experience of your life be mindful of the conjunctions you use in  your story see if you can underline all the conjunctions you use..


2 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you gave the students the acronym FANBOYS and included what each letter represents. I think it was a good point in assisting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story! And I think most women would say that having a child is the most amazing experience. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete